Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Cameron Turns 4!

It's hard to believe our first boy is already four years old. He is indeed growing up and his personality is developing. He is energetic, curious, thoughtful, loving, and mischievous. He was so excited about his birthday this year. He really understands what birthdays are all about now. I was able to convince him to have something besides a train party this year, and he chose to have a firetruck party. He loves to play in the firetruck at the McDonald's play land so we decided to have his birthday there. He wore a firetruck shirt that lights up for the occasion. He invited four of his little friends from church. They loved playing on the play land and eating their happy meals. It was the easiest birthday party ever! I didn't have to clean my house before or after the party and I even got to visit with the other moms. All kids this age think McDonald's is the coolest place on earth. The party boys
Cameron and Aidan

Cameron and his preschool buddy, Collin.

Cameron and Skyler


Cameron and Joey

We ended the party with mini cupcakes with firetruck whistles.

On Cameron's (and Courtney's) real birthday we all went out to breakfast at Marie Callender's. It was so fun and so delicious. On his birthday, he kept marching around the house saying, "Happy Birthday to me" or "Happy Birthday to Cameron."

Our birthday boy and birthday girl with all their presents!

His new firetruck ( from Costco if anybody wants to know)

Another train set - I think he can attach the tracks by himself so that's a big plus.

As I look at my boy growing up, I just have to name a few things I love and adore about him. I love that twinkle in his eye that he gets when he smiles really big. I love how he watches out for Conner. If Cameron gets himself a snack he always get some to share with Conner. He calls Conner "my baby" and always says, "I love my baby." I love how honest he is. Whenever we ask "Who made this mess?" or "Who ate the cookies?" He proudly proclaims, "I did it!" Of course, I love it that he's finally potty trained. I think it's kinda cute that he still loves his nigh-night so much, but I'm wondering when he will finally be done with this ragged and ripped blanket. My brother wanted me to leave it in Hawaii! I love how excited Cameron get about the little things like a treat or a trip to the park. He insists on eating his cereal from the same blue bowl every day; he has to eat it with a huge serving spoon. I love to read books to him - one is never enough. I love to help him say his prayers. He's our family's alarm clock almost every day. At the crack of dawn he yells out, "It's morning time!" I am enjoying watching my first son grow and develop. It's hard to imagine him as a teenager, missionary, or grown man. I know someday he will be all of these. For now, I will cherish the precious times we have together and hope he doesn't grow up too fast.

2 comments:

Mom said...

The firetruck party looks like it was so much fun. Glad it was an easier party for you and lots of fun for Cameron. At this point you should have partied quite a bit with 3 of your 5 celebrating birthdays. You have really focused on making Courtney's and Cameron's same Aug 29 birthday fun for each of them.
Happy birthday to them, Kylie yesterday-9-3, and you tomorrow!

Allison said...

Four years! I still remember when you with a boy was a new thing! Now look at you with your two, I bet you never thought it would happen and especially twice! So blessed!