Thursday, September 4, 2008

Kylie's 7th Birthday

Birthday season at the Payne home continues with Kylie's birthday! Four birthdays in a week can mean a lot of cake so we went simple this year and just did cupcakes. Kylie had her friend birthday party on Saturday, August 30. She took four friends to Micke Grove Zoo. They loved seeing all the animals. It's a small zoo, with mostly different types of monkeys, but we also saw some tortoises, a seal, chickens, goats, bunnies, an eagle, geckos, turtles, and different birds. After the zoo, the girls rode a mini roller coaster. They loved it! It was so fun to see the excitement on their faces!
At this point, my camera battery died so I didn't get any more pictures of the party. The girls had pizza lunchables for lunch and then played on the playground. Kylie opened her presents and the girls ate cupcakes with zoo animals on them. Then I took them to Baskin Robbins for ice cream. All but one of them got pink bubblegum ice cream. This was always a favorite of mine as a little girl! Here's Kylie with a cupcake after I charged my battery.

Wednesday was Kylie's actual birthday. We had her open her presents in the morning so Lloyd could be there. She took donuts to her class. Then, her one request was to go to Red Robin and have them sing "Happy Birthday" to her. So I took all five of the kids to Red Robin without Lloyd. It was really crazy and I couldn't wait to get my "zoo" out of the restaurant. Kylie did love being sung to.Kylie with her Red Robin sundae.

Kylie is now 7 years old, but she still seems like my little girl. I do think I baby her more than the other girls because she is younger. She has a strong personality and is either really sweet or the exact opposite of really sweet. She still loves to play with dolls and stuffed animals. School work comes so easily to her. I can barely remember a time when she didn't know how to read. She is also very athletic and loves both gymnastics and soccer. She is always asking to play on the computer. She works very hard to get her way and is easily frustrated when it doesn't happen. She has told me several times that she never wants to grow up. She adores Family Home Evening, especially the treat part. She is very social and loves to be with friends. We are grateful that Kylie is in our family and enjoy watching her grow up. In a year she'll be getting baptized and I promised that each of the girls could have a slumber party when they turn eight. I'm sure Kylie will have it planned out six months in advance. She definitely adds adventure to our family. Happy 7th Birthday, Kylie!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Kristi,

Tell Kylie that her party looked like fun. She is a real sweetie.
Good for you pulling 3 children's birthdays in a row. I love you.
Love, Mom