Friday, September 5, 2008

MY 100th POST -My 35th Birthday!

Today is my 35th Birthday and the 100th post on my blog. All of you faithful readers may remember I promised a prize drawing if you leave a comment on my 100th post. So I am asking, encouraging, requesting, and okay, even begging you to leave a comment and enter my contest. The prize is small- a $10 gift card to Cold Stone, but I think we all love the place. They even have low calorie yogurt for those of you who are being health conscious. You have two weeks to post your comment. I will do the drawing on September 19. In honor of my 35th Birthday, I am posting 35 random things about me. When you leave a comment, include a random thing about yourself. Consider your comment a birthday present to me! If you’ve never left a comment, it’s very easy, just click on the word “comments” below. You can then login through google or just leave a comment by clicking “Anonymous” and sign your name at the end. I am really looking forward to reading a random fact about each of you. Thank you for entering my little contest. I’ll post the results on September 20. Here are 35 Random Things About Me:
1-I don’t own a cell phone and have never sent a text message.
2-I got my drivers license after I got married when I was 20.
3-Both of my parents and all of my siblings, including me graduated from BYU.
4-I played a stripper in my high school musical
5-When I was in college, we did a “pencil test” to see how many kids I would have. It said 3 girls and 2 boys and ended up being right!
6-Utah is the farthest east I’ve been.
7-I got my first bikini wax this year.
8-I am training for my second and possibly last marathon.
9-I have two (Courtney and Cameron) and maybe three (Conner) kids who are left-handed.
10-I took my first pregnancy test at Target.
11- I’ve met Mary Lou Retton, Robert Redford, and Steve Young.
12-I do almost all my shopping at Costco.
13-I can recall birthdays and phone numbers very easily.
14-I can’t whistle and my kids always tease me about it.
15-I avoid taking any medications, if I possibly can.
16-I almost always fall asleep when watching a video.
17-My new favorite gym class is the Spin class.
18-I don’t have glasses or contacts.
19- I can name all the Bachelors and Bachelorettes.
20-I don’t know how to shuffle cards or play chess.
21-I had two “surprise” pregnancies and both of the babies were born on August 29 –nine years apart.
22-I moved six times as a child.
23-I enjoy balancing my checkbook.
24- I only wear Emeraude perfume, just like my mom.
25-I’m not allergic to anything.
26-I love to take baths and sometimes take 2-3 a day in the winter.
27-I’ve been a Girl Scout leader for 8 years and was a Girl Scout as a child.
28-I’ve never owned a bikini.
29-I would like to serve a mission with Lloyd some day.
30-I would not be able to live without my Body Pump class at the gym.
31-Gymnastics has always been my favorite sport and I competed as a young woman.
32-I absolutely can’t stand clutter. I take things to the Goodwill or DI trailer at least once a month.
33-I love water slides and always have dreams about them.
34-I love desserts.
35-I’ve had the same comb for 17 years. I bought it in 1991 right before my freshman year in college. I get stressed out if I ever misplace it!

So, that’s my list. Anything surprise you?
Please leave a comment with at least one random thing about you! Good Luck to everyone!

P.S. I've extended the contest until Monday, September 22 and thanks to my mom will be giving away two gift cards!

23 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday! This is not my post for your contest I will write that later. But I had to be the first blogger to wish you a happy day!

I will call you later :) We need a good chat.

Mom said...

Happy Birthday Kristi!
I still remember the day you were born. You were so adorable and still are today. Thanks for bringing so many blessings into my life and lots of fun too! I will have to get back to you regarding something about myself. I will match the Cold Stone Coupon-so now you can offer $20.00. Happy Happy Birthday! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I can't ever remember my password, so I'll have to post anonymously. Hope you're having a good time in Sacramento and I can't wait to go to breakfast next week! Now for a random fact about me? Hmmmm. . . what don't you already know? I played one of the leads (Hermia) in our sixth grade production of A Midsummer Night's Dream. Sadly, aside from the road show, it was my last acting stint. If you'd seen my performance, you'd be glad I haven't tried again!
L
ove ya!

Katie

Allison said...

Happy Birthday Kristi!!!!!!!!
I hope your day was great! I always appriciate your positive attitude and cheerful spirit. You are fun to be around! My random fact is I have 27 scars! It sounds like alot for none of them to be seen, huh? Oh, and I love, love, love, the Office!!!!

The Aussie and the Owl said...

Happy Birthday Sister!! I love you and had so much fun at TOFW with you :)

Love,
Amber

ben and nat said...

Hey Kristi! I hope that you had a Happy Birthday! Sounds like TOFW was really fun. You are so funny and thank you so much for being so nice to me since I have been in california.Something random about me, I am allergic to fruit.I get a stomach ache and a rash.And I love to scuba dive, but haven't gone in a long time. Well, can't wait to hang out with you again soon.
love,
nat

Anonymous said...

Kristi--

Happy birthday! I'll have you know that I love reading your blog, even though I never post any comments. I'm very sneaky like that. :) But it's fun seeing what you and your family are doing in life.

My random fact: I only have one irrational fear and it's the garbage disposal. I will NOT stick my hand down there to loosen any foreign object. If the disposal jams, my roommate fixes it. :)

Love,

Becca Lauritzen

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday,

I hope you had fun at breakfast and I loved the lemon muffin just like you promised. I decided it was time to finally comment since you know I've been peeking for a while. I love how even your blog is energetic.
My random fact is... I'm obsessed with lists, and the best part is crossing something off of one. He he he.
Love, Ashleigh

Sara said...

Hey Kristi,
so I have been so behind on my blog reading this month and I see yours and I am officially jealous of that awesome Hawaiian vacation! That just looked like a blast. How fun for the whole clan to get together and do that.
So, Happy Birthday! And congrats on your 100th post.
My random fact, I'd rather change a dirty diaper tha cook dinner. ;)

Jess said...

Kristi, thank you so much for the card and shower gel! It is so nice just to know that someone is thinking of me! I don't know how you make time to be so thoughtful with five kids, a busy calling, and all the things you are attending and helping out with! You are such an example to me and I hope that I will be more thoughtful towards other people. Now my random fact.... My absolute favorite ride out of DisneyWorld and DisneyLand is Indiana Jones in Disneyland! The fact that I have a crush on Harrison Ford might bias me a little!

Anonymous said...

It was really nice catching up with you at Chili's this afternoon...even it was to say goodbye! I will definitely miss you and your energetic personality. Thank you for everything...you've been a great friend.

Love, Valerie

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday you crazy running fool :) I don't do anything for four and a half hours at a time except for sleeping and scrapbooking! You are an inspiration to us all! Speaking of your comb- I have had my lime green popcorn popper since I was 17 and you know how much popcorn I eat. I secretly think it is immortal like my bird. Have a fab day! Kathryn

Mae said...

Happy Belated Birthday. The factoid about your comb made me laugh.

Random fact about me: I can remember funny stuff (ie... the times you fell asleep in Mr. Lambro's class and would somehow manage to answer his questions correctly each time whenever he called on you) better than simple stuff (ie... where did I put my keys?)

Love you!
Mae

Stacey said...

Hey Kristi! Sorry it took me so long to comment, but I just can't come up with some random fact about me-you know most of my embarassing secrets. The only thing I can think of is that I like some questionable music. For some reason I really like get down, get jiggity, hip-hop music. I don't like all of them, but there are some I absolutely LOVE! Another secret to go along with the music is that I wish I could move like the dancers in those type of videoss. Why? I have no idea.
Anyway...I hope you had a great birthday. I had fun at TOFW. Thanks for setting that up!

Penny said...

Happy (late) Birthday Kristi!! I loved reading about your trip to Hawaii. I just blogged about our trip to Maui too... Well, I had to laugh about the comb, because guess what? I have had the same brush since my Freshman (I think) year in High School, not only do I love it, but Todd won't use any other brush either. I have tried buying him new ones, but he says he likes mine better!

Karen said...

Don't think I'm leaving my first comment just because I want to win the drawing (although it's okay with me if I do). I really do look at your blogs, but it's usually when I'm nursing making it hard to type. I love to read what's going on and see the cute pix.

It was funny to read your random things because some of them are random things about me too (and I didn't even know it before!)--like I can't whistle and Matt teases me about it all the time, I'm not allergic to anything, I try to avoid taking medications, I like balancing my checkbook, and I recall birthdays and phone numbers easily. We must be related or something!

Anyway, you do a great job on your blog. Your family is cute. I loved seeing all of you in Hawaii. I hope you had a great birthday. Take care! Love you!
Karen

Holly said...

I'm finally back online!!! Hummmm, a stripper and a bikini wax?

So funny - we made it out here - just barely - don't worry about me for the cold stone - this morning the kids went out for the bus and could see their breath!

Happy Birthday my friend, 35 you are still a spring chicken!

The Lauritzens said...

Happy Birthday! I was excited we were able to spend the day together. I loved the conference. We are excited to see you guys on Conference Weekend and for your Marathon!!

Chareen and Bryce

The Webb Family said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

I love it--your first Bikini Wax--OUCH! I'm thinking about just having it all lazered off--teehee! My little tidbit--I was in the play "Hair" one summer and freaked out that I might have to do a nude scene--luckily they cut that part out!!!! I love you Kristi and miss you a TON!!!! Hope you had a wonderful birthday! Love, Bronwyn

Anonymous said...

Kristi,

Happy belated birthday! Your blog is fabulous. I didn't realize you were so into gymnastics. There isn't much that people don't know about me. I guess a new one is I've decided I really want to get a liberal arts education, and have recently become very interested in politics. Have a wonderful weekend, and send my love to your family.

Love, Rebecca

Mom said...

Well, Kristi here is a random fact about me. I was Davey Crockett for Halloween one year. I guess the not knowing how to whistle is inherited. I can't whistle either.
Like you I have never owned a bikini-and the whole world says "thank you." Love to you, Mom

GrandpaJay said...

Well, you've certainly racked up quite a list of comments, so I'd better not let myself be left out. The first random fact that comes to my mind is that I was born in a ghost town. That's not exactly correct, the town my family lived in when I was born, Lark, UT, became a ghost town when Kennecott Copper mine bought all the land, and now there is nothing at all left of it! My mother actually delivered me in nearby Murray, in a maternity home that later became a convalescent home (so you can come and go at the same place). Something I found out rather recently (when he visited our stake) was that I have a second cousin who shares the same first name and is a general authority, Elder Jay Jensen.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristi! Its Sarah Bascom...i cant find my email/address list, and i ALWAYS get your answering machine...so consider this me officaially stalking you :o)
i would love to talk to you, been missin ya and thinking about you. email me so i have your address. mine is ayla424@yahoo.com..... i was watching Jon and Kate plus 8 the other day and she was making something called "monkey munch". it reminded me of that YUMMY stuff you made and gave out with the cd (awwesome gift by the way!) i would LOVE to have that recipe if you are willing to share it :o)
hope to hear from you soon!
Much Love,
Sarah