Friday, January 4, 2008

Family Photo Shoot


It's always been a tradition for us to take a family photo each November/December. We've had this tradition since 1995 (the year Courtney was born). This is often a dreaded and stressful experience. We all have to get dressed, get our hair done, and to the photo place on time. We were actually ten minutes late for this one! Well, we haven't missed a year yet. We enjoy looking at the professional photos from each year. It's fun to see how the kids have grown and how my hairstyles have changed. Maybe I'll scan each one in some day so I can display them on the blog. Well, here's this year's photos. The girls have started asking me when they can stop wearing the matching dresses. They really have been good sports about it for many years! Well, I am beginning to realize that with seven people it's nearly impossible to get the perfect picture. I'm pretty much okay with that. The imperfect ones actually capture more personality. I'll start with the picture below. Cameron insisted on holding this candy cane. We said it way okay as long as he held still for the photo. I think he looks like a funny shepherd boy in this picture.

Yes, here are the girls in their matching dresses!

Conner's First Christmas!

Even Mom and Dad took a picture together!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Wonderful photos. I have to agree that getting pictures done is stressful and dreaded. The result however are priceless. I want to know how you can afford to print so many? When I get ours done it costs like $200 just to get enough for myself and the grandparents, I could never get enough for Christmas cards! WOW! The pictures really are wonderful and I am thrilled to see the other shots that were not in the card. Thanks for sharing!

Penny said...

Too Cute!! Hey, I STILL have a Christmas letter for you. Yours is the only one because I couldn't find your address or phone #. I called Cindy twice to get it, but she wasn't home and hasn't called me back. So, If you have my #, call me cuz I can't find yours! Glad to hear you had a fun Christmas!